There are a lot of sports fans here in our Rocksteady Promotions office, which is a good thing because when it comes being champions, we need our team to go all in. This is why we embrace the mind-set that puts athletes and coaches at the top of their game.
There are a lot of great practices that we can glean from the sports world. One of the most impactful for Team Rocksteady Promotions is goal setting. We take a five-step approach to establishing targets that will bring us to the winner’s circle every time:
• Evaluate 2019 to Date: First, we want to take a look at our progress from the beginning of the year until now. This means reviewing our numbers and our strategy to see what has been effective thus far, and where we need to pivot.
• Use a GROWTH Model: We’re all about growth at Rocksteady Promotions. In this case, we mean adopting a solid plan that focuses on Goals, Reality, Options, What’s Next. By setting realistic targets, having a Plan B to revert to, and knowing where we’re headed, we position ourselves to score.
• Create Personal Goals: Yes, we are a team-driven culture. But like all athletes, we want to beat our personal best, too. So we establish meaningful objectives that help us move forward, personally and professionally.
• Set Small Milestones: There’s an old saying: how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. This is exactly how we complete goals – one small step at a time. Start with a big target, then create a process to get there.
• Set Timelines and Deadlines: Finally, when we have our full game plan in place, we can create a timeframe in which to realize our vision.
See how we’re doing! Follow Rocksteady Promotions on LinkedIn for updates on our progress.